The McGilvrey's

Here's a brief history....

We met January of 07', got married September 08', Reva was born July 09' , Stella March 11' and now we're just winging it!

This blog is mostly for Joe when he's on the road, which is a lot.

Friday, December 4, 2009

REALLY, REALLY!?!?!?



they broke the driver side window to get in



nabbed the whole insert of the center console



grabbed Joe's tool box out of the back seat

It took the sheriff's deputy 3 1/2 hrs from the time I called in it to when he showed up. Then he was there for all of 5 minutes.

Now let's add insult to injury. The insurance claim adjuster is supposed to call within 24 hours of the claim being filed. I got a call this morning (36+ hrs). They inform me that are personal belongings will not be covered under the auto claim so I will have to make a claim on my renters insurance for that this is important later). I get the phone number for the company that can replace the glass but they won't be able to come to me until monday, that would mean the truck will have been missing it's window for 6 days before it's replaced. Or I can got to them and get it done. This means I have to drive 16 miles on a highway with no window and my poor Reva in the back, then sit and wait while they replace the glass. Did mention the location of this company, S. Tacoma Way ie the ghetto. I'm not just trying to be funny, this is the type of area where police officers get shot and such. For one reason or another the call gets disconnected. The adjuster calls me back. Gives me a little more information and then is going to transfer me to another person so I can make a claim for our stolen personal items. Turns out this gal is a moron because I don't get transferred properly and I get hung up on. NO ONE EVER CALLS ME BACK.

So I call in and wait patiently on hold to get transferred to a person and start the claim for our stuff when the woman on the other line, no kidding, says Robyn, ...Robyn,... Robyn, ...hello, ...hello, ...hello, ...hello, ...Robyn, ...Robyn, then hangs up. Right before that she had asked for my number and says if for some reason we get disconnected I'll call you back. I'm thinking she'll call back right. NOT SO. NO CALL BACK. So I call our insurance broker and tell him whats been going on and where I'm supposed to go to get my glass replaced. He calls in for me. Some man calls me back and gives me the claim number. I ask him a question he says he can't answer he'll transfer me to the correct person. Low and behold I get hung up on. Come to find out when Paul(my broker) calle din he layed into the guy. I was wondering why this guy had attitude with me.

I cancelled my ghetto appointment and am just going to have the glass replaced here in the Harbor, but it may mean that the insurance won't cover it. WTF, REALLY!?!?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No fair when you do all the right stuff and still get screwed. I would be making Paul earn his commission and get this taken care of for you a little more, or change companies - or both. And get a big dog that can sleep in the truck. Or window stickers that make it look like theres a bunch of junk in there that no one would want